Submit Building Permits Electronically In Bismarck With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Bismarck to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
Other North Dakota cities we are currently submitting electronically to.
BISMARCK BUILDING PERMITS
Online Building Permits in Bismarck
The City of Bismarck has developed an online system eTrackit that offers online building permits for both residential and commercial construction projects.
Below, the experts of ePermit expediting have compiled everything you need to know about ePermits in Bismarck, so that you can begin working right away.
What Online Building Permits in Bismarck are Available?
All of the traditional construction permits in Bismarck that are offered can be applied for and received through the online permit portal, including:
- New Construction
- Additions/ Renovations/ Remodels
- Basement Finish
- Electrical Wiring
- Water Heater
- Air Conditioner
- Unit Heater
Who Needs Electronic Building Permits in Bismarck?
An ePermit in Bismarck is required for projects such as new construction, additions, remodeling or repairs to electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
The rules for online building permits require submission for:
- All NEW projects, corrections and construction changes need to be submitted electronically.
All project types qualify for electronic document submittal (Building, Discretionary, Engineering, Mapping, Construction Change, etc.)
Electronic Building Plan Submission in Bismarck
A complete set of plans must be provided with each building permit application. Plans must be appropriately scaled and must include the following information:
- Foundation Plans: Footing and foundation dimensions, cross sections including the size and spacing of reinforcement, and height of unbalanced backfill.
- Floor Plans: Identify the use of all spaces and provide the location of all doors, windows, stairs, plumbing fixtures, built-ins, appliances, and any other relevant information.
- Elevation Plans: o Elevations of all sides of the proposed structure including the location of windows, doors, deck, patio, and location of proposed adjacent grade plane. o Cross sections, wall sections, and detail sections describing the building construction including depth of footing below finished grade.
- Framing Plans: o Engineered truss layout showing the placement of floor and roof trusses, location of glu-lams, girder trusses, bearing walls, columns, and posts.
Who Can Submit an Electronic Building Permit Application in Bismarck?
Any homeowner, architect or a licensed contractor can apply to the City of Bismarck for an ePermit by providing enough information to describe the project fully and clearly.
Construction drawings are necessary on most construction projects and especially for commercial projects, these must be prepared by an architect. For a home improvement project, the homeowner may prepare the drawings, provided that the drawings are accurate, legible and complete.
How Can I Ensure My Online Building Permit Submission is Correct?
Before you submit your online building permit in Bismarck, you should contact Service First Permits for your consultation.
As the leading ePermit service in Bismarck, we understand the process and can have your electronic building permit approved as quickly and easily as possible.
Get started with your free electronic permit consultation now!