Submit Building Permits Electronically In Chicago With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Chicago to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
CHICAGO BUILDING PERMITS
Your Guide to Electronic Building Permits in Chicago
The online building permit process is designed to ensure buildings comply with minimum standards of safety established by the Chicago Building Code for the protection of building occupants.
The city has designed an electronic building permit system in Chicago, which provides residents or your contractors the information, applications and inspections to ensure these standards are met in their project, resulting in a building permit being issued.
Which Residential Building Permits in Chicago Can Be Obtained Online?
There are a wide range of online building permits in Chicago available through the online portal, including:
- Building garages, porches, decks
- Moving walls, doors, columns, beams
- Changing the location of or adding new windows and doors
- Installing new boiler system
- Replacing windows or doors * (same size and location)
- Replacing plumbing fixtures (same size and location)
- Replacing siding
- Replacing furnaces
- Fences up to 5 feet high
The Electronic Building Permit Review Process in Chicago
A standard residential or commercial in Chicago requires a standard building permit review, which is for:
- Small to mid-sized new construction and renovation projects for buildings up to 80 feet high, residential properties of up to 49 units or commercial properties under 150,000 square feet.
How does the online building permit process in Chicago work?
- Standard Plan Review applications are submitted online and reviewed through the City’s electronic plan review system. Each project is assigned a Project Manager to facilitate technical plan reviews, ensure plan compliance, and issue permits.
- The architect or expeditor must complete the permit application online and upload plans electronically to E-Plan.
- Property owners should ensure their contact information is included in the application for notification purposes.
- Your Project Manager will coordinate all technical and regulatory reviews.
- If corrections are needed, applicant of record will be notified and may resubmit corrected plans online electronically, 24/7, from the convenience of any computer.
- The applicant will be notified when the review is complete and the permit is issued via email, including building owners if contact information has been provided.
If you want to receive the fastest, easier online building permits in Chicago, then Service First Permits is ready to help!
Contact our specialists now to discover how our expertise and knowledge in ePermitting will get you the right permit for your project in a timely manner.