Submit Building Permits Electronically In Hardin County With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Hardin County to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
Other Kentucky Cities and Counties we are currently submitting electronically to.
HARDIN COUNTY BUILDING PERMITS
The Hardin County Planning and Development Board has developed an Online Permit Portal where citizens and contractors can use this system to track the status of applications, submit electronic building plans and receive their ePermit.
The system also allows for building inspections in Hardin County to be scheduled online, payments of online building permit fees to be made and more.
Who Needs an Online Building Permit in Hardin County?
The following commercial and residential projects require an online building permit in Hardin County:
○ All new Single Family structures
○ New Commercial structures
○ All electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and gas work
○ Additions to any structure: sun-rooms, attached and/or detached garages, etc.
○ Select farms and agricultural buildings
○ Most alterations such as: new roofs, vinyl siding, window replacements, etc.
○ Signs, including temporary event banners
What Documents are Needed for a Hardin County ePermit?
The Planning and Development Board requires the following permits for any construction to be done under the Kentucky Building Code, all which must be added in PDF format:
- All plans shall be drawn to a standard architectural drafting scale. The preferred scale is 1/8” = 1’0 for Floor Plans, and ¼” =1’0 for Cross Section drawings.
- A Title Block shall be placed on the plan and shall contain the following: plan name, name and address of the developer, development address, building use, total square feet including all floors in the building.
- A footprint of the building showing the building size with dimensions, all exterior walls and overhangs, exterior porches, interior rooms, exit doors and windows, and the distance to each nearest property line from the building exterior walls.
- The building use and the total square feet contained in the building shall be noted on the drawing. The use of each separate room shall be noted within that room on the drawing.
- Wall details, which shall include a scaled cross section indicating the thickness, insulation, layers of finish materials, and interior/exterior treatments. This shall go from bottom of footing to top of roof if an exterior wall, and from top of floor to bottom of ceiling joist if an interior wall.
- A roof detail shall include a cross section indicating depth and size of roof as if viewed through an attic.
- A foundation and footing detail shall include a cross section including depth and size and psi of concrete to be used shall be indicated on the drawing.
- A basement detail shall include the elevation of the basement and the amount of basement that will be showing above finished grade level.
- Location and type of heating system.
- Location of plumbing and service entrance.
- A complete electrical plan showing outlets, lights, exit signs, exit lights, location of emergency lights, location of smoke detectors, location of main panel, and location of service entrance.
- Any other relevant information such as stair details, decks & guard railings, handrails, sprinkler information, handicapped requirements, window and door sizes and details.
Contact the Leaders in Hardin County ePermit Pulling Today
Service First Permits has the knowledge and experience in online permit pulling to present the information correctly, avoiding delays in residential and commercial construction.
Our team’s knowledge of the specific requirements needed for a Hardin County online building permit under the Kentucky Building Code ensures a fast approval that will get your project started right away.
Contact Service First Permits Today for Your ePermit Consultation