Submit Building Permits Electronically In Illinois With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Illinois to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
ILLINOIS BUILDING PERMITS
Online Building Permits in Illinois
My Permit Now has been launched by the Department of Inspection and Code Enforcement of the State of Illinois as an electronic building permit portal.
The web-based system allows homeowners, contractors and permit expediters in Illinois users to apply for and receive ePermits for a number of construction projects in the State.
Which Projects Require an Electronic Building Permit in Illinois?
An ePermit in Illinois is required for any project that includes:
- Residential or commercial construction
- Enlarging a structure
- Altering or repairing a building
- Demolishing an existing structure
- Change the occupancy of a building or structure
The Residential Building Permit Application Process in Illinois
There are a number of guidelines that must be met in order to receive an online building permit in Illinois for residential projects:
- The property owner, contractor or permit puller must identify the correct building permit for your needs, then fill out an application.
- Owner obtaining permit must submit Affidavit Claiming Exemption from Licensure
- Contractor must possess valid Illinois State Residential Contractor’s License
- Contractor without a valid Illinois State Residential Contractor’s License applying for permit for home improvement with a fair market value between $7,500.00 and $75,000.00, must possess a Illinois State Home Improvement Registration2. Current Stamped Survey. (Showing All Existing Improvements)
- Electronic Set of Dimensioned Stamped Plans by a Registered Architect or Civil Engineer. The following is the minimum information required on plans:
- Plot Plan
- Drainage Plan is required for new construction on lots with depth of 200 feet or more.
- Foundation Plan (Pile Class/Length and Design Load)
- Floor Plan
- Building Elevations – Front, Rear, Sides
- Framing Plan (direction, size, spacing, etc. of all framing members)
- Section Framing
- Construction Details
- Additions Must Show Existing Floor Plan
- Submit the application and wait for the Department of Inspection and Code Enforcement to provide feedback for any changes that must be made.
- Submit changes for final approval, then receive the Illinois Building Permit.
Commercial Online Building Permit Application in Illinois
All new commercial buildings, additions and interior renovations such as retail building to restaurant or bar, warehouse to auto repair or any change in use require the following documents for an electronic building permit in Illinois:
- One complete electronic set of dimensioned building plans with all requirements as in paragraph (1A) above, including plot plans delineating parking and any information pertaining to the construction of the parking lots, curb cuts, subsurface drainage, etc.
- One digital copy of a current survey showing all improvements.
- Any updated documents after the review board has responded with requirements
The failure to provide the right documentation in the proper format will lead to your application being declined, adding more time to the approval process for your ePermit in Illinois.
We Help You Navigate the Illinois Building Permit Process
Service First Permits has the knowledge and experience in online permit pulling to present the information correctly, avoiding delays in residential and commercial construction.
To discover exactly how we may assist you in obtaining an online building permit in Illinois, contact us now for a free consultation.