Submit Building Permits Electronically In Los Angeles With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Los Angeles to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
Here at Service First Permits we provide complete building permit management services for the entire LA county. We work together with developers, architects, general contractors and business owners to facilitate the entire E Permit process from design, to review to issuing of all necessary permits.
Fill out the CONTACT FORM below and learn how the services Service First provides will keep your project on track and with in budget.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
LOS ANGELES COUNTY BUILDING PERMITS
Online ePermits in Los Angeles
In a proactive effort to help move Los Angeles forward with online building permits, the Public Works Building and Safety District Offices have developed a new check and plan permitting system.
EpicLA allows resident and contractor applicants to view and upload documents related to their respective plan check applications.
Using EpicLA for Electronic Building Permits in Los Angeles
The EpicLA portal allows you to look up permits issued for construction in the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County. All ePermits in LA are provided as scanned PDF images of past paper permits and as records in our Development and Permit Tracking System database. The system will look up the information associated with that parcel and present a series of tabs that will contain the permit data including:
- Address/AIN based on Assessor’s current data.
- Address/AIN based on active parcels and addresses and does not include historical Address/AIN lookup result.
- Permit information for parcels either within unincorporated area or contract cities under LA County jurisdiction.
Providing documents that are grouped based on their parcel number not their address.
When is an ePermit Required in Los Angeles?
Generally, electronic building permits in LA should be obtained for the following:
- New buildings
- Additions to buildings
- Tenant Improvements
- Accessory Dwelling Unit conversions
- Miscellaneous items (decks, patios, fences over 6’, fireplaces, pools, retaining walls, ADA striping and path of travel, etc.)
- Remodels and renovations (changes in occupancy or use, garage conversions, kitchen remodels, stucco, window(s) and door(s) changeouts, etc.)
- New, expanded, or replaced electrical items
- New, expanded, or replaced mechanical items
- New, expanded, or replaced plumbing items
- Electronic Plan Submittal in Los Angeles
Through EpicLA, all electronic building plans in Los Angeles must be submitted in PDF format directly through the portal. There are specifications presented on the portal that must be met when uploading the documents.
Any electronic plans that do not meet the guidelines will not be reviewed, resulting in delayed electronic building permit approval by the City of Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Electronic Permit Experts
At Service First Permits, we fully understand the rules and regulations that are required for a successful application. Our knowledge of EpicLA ensures that you receive your Los Angeles construction permit as quickly as possible, so that you can begin your project according to schedule.
Contact our electronic permit specialists in LA now for your free consultation.