Submit Building Permits Electronically In Louisville With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Louisville to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
LOUISVILLE BUILDING PERMITS
Every construction project inside the Louisville Metro Area requires an online building permit from The Office of Construction Review prior to beginning. If an electronic building permit in Louisville is not obtained for a project, the homeowners or contractors undertaking the project can face fines, work delays and other serious penalties.
As the online permit process differs from traditional building permits in Louisville, it is important to understand the guidelines prior to submission.
When is an Online Building Permit in Louisville Necessary?
The Construction Review Board deems it essential to receive an electronic building permit in Louisville if any owner or authorized agent plans to:
- Construct, enlarge, remodel or change the occupancy of a building
- Erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, or convert a building
The rules apply to both commercial and residential construction projects within the Louisville Metro Area.
What Documents are Required from Licensed Agents for an ePermit in Louisville?
Contractors working within the City of Louisville must be registered with the city and provide a unique set of documents in order to be able to apply for electronic building permits.
Contractors must provide the following before the ePermit process:
- Louisville Metro Area Department of Codes & Regulations License
- Current Certificate of Liability Insurance
- A copy of your current State of Kentucky Contractor’s License
The Online Building Permit Process in Louisville
Below is a description of the steps that must be taken to receive an ePermit in Louisville. If the correct documents are not submitted in the original application, the document will be returned for correction before review.
- Standard Plan Review applications are submitted online and reviewed through the The Office of Construction Review online portal.
- The architect, contractor or permit expediter in Louisville must complete the permit application online and upload plans electronically to E-Plan.
- Property owners should ensure their contact information is included in the application for notification purposes.
- If adjustments are required to the submission, the applicant of record will be notified and may resubmit corrected plans online electronically.
- The applicant will be notified when the review is complete and the permit is issued via email, which can then be printed and displayed on the job site.
Work with the Louisville Online Permit Professionals
As a contractor, navigating the ePermit process can be difficult and time-consuming. At Service First Permits, we organize and submit the documentation on your behalf, so that you can obtain your building permit in Louisville as quickly and easily as possible.
Save time, money and effort with our online building permit expediting services by contacting today.