Submit Building Permits Electronically In Madison With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Madison to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
MADISON, AL BUILDING PERMITS
Online Building Permits in Madison, Alabama
The moment that you decide to take on a residential or commercial construction project in Madison, Alabama, you will be required to receive an ePermit. The City of Madison has created an online Permit Portal, which offers access to online permitting 24/7.
Who Needs an Online Building Permit in Madison, AL?
There are a number of reasons that you must apply for an online permit in Madison, including:
- All new Single Family structures
- New Commercial structures
- All electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and gas work
- Additions to any structure: sun-rooms, attached and/or detached garages, etc.
- New storage buildings over 200 sq. ft.
- Most alterations such as: new roofs, vinyl siding, window replacements, etc.
- Signs, including temporary event banners
How Much do ePermits in Madison Cost?
While there are more specific rules for special exceptions and trade-based permits, the general fee schedule for online permits in Madison are:
- The fee shall be equal to one dollar ($1.00) for every one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) of construction authorized under Act 2015-308.
- There are also additional fees for re-inspections of properties that begin at $25, which means that it is important to have all the information about the project correct the first time in order to save both time and money.
How do Contractors Receive Building Permits Online in Madison?
For contractors looking to receive an ePermit in Madison, the process is different than for residents. They must create and activate an account, which includes all pertinent information about the business.
The business number and date of original must be included to open the account, which then allows you to submit online building permit applications.
Requesting a Building Inspection Online
Contractors and property owners may request an inspection through the city’s Permit Portal directly, so that they can have an inspector come to the site as soon as possible.
Once the inspector visits the site, they will compare their findings with the application that has been submitted to see if there are any adjustments needed prior to the ePermit being issued.
Using an ePermit Expediter
Submitting an online building permit application in Madison that is incomplete or inaccurate can result in delays in the permit approval. This can hold back your project, while also costing you money if you need a re-inspection of the property.
Service First Permits has helped thousands of residents and contractors nationwide to create and submit everything needed for quick, easy permit approvals.
To get started on your project right away, contact our Madison, AL Electronic Building Permit Specialists.