Submit Building Permits Electronically In Massachusetts With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Massachusetts to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
MASSACHUSETTS BUILDING PERMITS
Building Permits in Massachusetts
The State of Massachusetts has adopted building, electrical and mechanical codes that pertain to residential and commercial buildings, which now must receive a phone or mail approval prior to commencement of construction.
Which Projects in Massachusetts Require a Building Permit?
A building permit in Massachusetts is required for the construction, alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, use and occupancy, location, removal and demolition of all types of buildings and structures, except certain agricultural buildings located on qualified farms.
What Documents are Required for a Building Permit in Massachusetts?
Depending on the exact project type and location, there are a number of documents that may be necessary. However, in general, the following are needed to receive a construction permit in Massachusetts:
- Blueprints of the project, drawn to a minimum scale ¼ inch = 1 foot
- Site plan drawn indicating the proposed building setback dimensions and any areas on site that are in a floodplain or is located within 10 feet of the top or toe of the slope of a hill.
- Verification of Worker’s Compensation Insurance, Signed Affidavit
- Address or lot number posted to readily locate the property
- Payment of the building permit via Check, Exact Cash, E-Check or Credit Card
- Completed and signed Building Permit application
- A list of all contractors and subcontractors to be working on this project. All contractors and subs are required to have a Massachusetts Business License.
- Where municipal sewer is available you must submit a copy of the receipt for payment of the required sewer tap fees.
What Inspections are Needed for a Massachusetts Building Permit?
The following approvals from the appropriate bodies are required to receive a finalized building permit in Massachusetts:
- Final Electrical Inspection Certificate or green sticker on the panel
- Final Plumbing Inspection Certificate or green approval sticker
- Final Septic System Approval
- Insulation Certificate – Copy provided to the Building Inspector as well as one posted in the attic at the attic access opening. Also shall provide insulation depth rulers in attic.
- Termite Treatment Certification
- Final HVAC Inspection
Navigating the Massachusetts Building Permit Process
As Massachusetts does not currently have an online building permit process, all permits must be done via phone or mail.
At Service First Permits, we understand how to arrange any building permit application in Massachusetts for a swift, stress-free approval that saves contractors time and money.
To begin, contact us today for your consultation and discover how we can help you with your building permit in Massachusetts now!