Submit Building Permits Electronically In Portland With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Portland to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
Other Maine cities we are currently submitting electronically to.
PORTLAND, ME BUILDING PERMITS
The City of Portland’s Citizen Self Service (CSS) portal has been launched to streamline the application intake process of online building permits and will allow for greater transparency for applicants during the permit review process. Whether you are a homeowner or contractor, you will be able to view the progress of your permit application, pay invoices, resubmit files and request inspections through CSS.
The Guidelines for Submitting a Portland, ME Online Building Permit
In order to complete a successful ePermit application and receive your building permit in Portland, Maine, you must follow a strict set of submission guidelines:
- Review the Permit Type Guide to determine the appropriate permit type and work class for your project.
- Once you have determined the correct permit type, refer to the corresponding submission checklist and instructions for that permit type (refer to checklists and applications.
- Compile all the required drawings and documentation as listed on the checklist into two PDF files
- Go to the CSS website to apply for your permit.
- Once you have logged in to CSS, go to Apply and select the correct permit type. For a full list of all permit types, select All, under Permits.
- Select Apply, next to the correct permit type. This will take you to the online application form.
- Complete the form with all the required project information
- After reviewing your application information, click Submit. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application.
- Permitting staff will review your application for completeness. You will be notified via e-mail if any items are missing. Upload requested items via CSS Attachments.
- When the application is complete, you will receive an e-mail directing you to CSS to pay your invoice.
- Once payment is received, your permit will go into review.
Which Construction Projects Qualify for Portland ePermits?
Residential Construction – construction involving a one- or two-family dwelling structure, such as:
- New One Family – for the construction of an entire new single-family dwelling unit.
- New Two Family – for the construction of an entire new two-family dwelling.
- Addition – for the construction of an addition to a one or two-family dwelling, including expanding the footprint or volume of the structure (dormer, detached accessory structure, deck, porch, additional floor level or enclosed addition to an existing floor level).
- Alteration – construction entirely within the shell of the existing structure, including interior modifications, renovations, and window or door replacements.
- Amendment – for an amendment to an existing open Residential Construction permit.
Commercial Construction – construction involving any multi-family (three or more dwelling units) or nonresidential structure.
- New Commercial Structure – for the construction of an entire new commercial or multi-family (three or more dwelling units) structure, not including detached accessory structures which are incidental to the primary use of the principal structure.
- Addition – for the construction of an addition or incidental accessory structure to a commercial or multifamily structure, including expanding the footprint or volume of the structure (dormer, detached accessory structure, deck, porch, exterior stair, additional floor level or enclosed addition to an existing floor level).
- Alteration – construction entirely within the shell of the existing structure, including interior modifications, renovations and window or door replacements.
- Amendment – for an amendment to an existing open Commercial Construction permit.
How Can I Ensure My Online Building Permit Submission is Correct?
Before you submit your online building permit in Portland, you should contact Service First Permits for your consultation.
As the leading ePermit service in Portland, we understand the process and can have your electronic building permit approved as quickly and easily as possible.
Get started with your free electronic permit consultation now!