Submit Building Permits Electronically In San Jose With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in San Jose to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
Obtaining an Electronic Building Permit in San Jose
The City of San Jose has established remote procedures for online building permit applications, electronic plan submissions and approvals. There are a wide range of building permits that can be obtained online through the SJ Permits portal, allowing you to get started on your construction project.
What Online Building Permits in San Jose are Available?
All of the traditional construction permits in San Jose that are offered can be applied for and received through SJ Permits, including:
- Building-Structural Permits for Residential and Commercial/Industrial
- Electrical Permits
- Mechanical Permits
- Plumbing Permits
The Electronic Building Permit Submittal Requirements
To submit a successful online building permit in San Jose, you must adhere to the SJ Permits guidelines, which are as follows:
- PDF or PDF/A – Digital documents must be PDF (portable document format) or PDF/A, compatible with Adobe Acrobat Version 9.0 or higher.
2.Supporting documents – Calculations, cut sheets, forms, etc. must be separated from the plan sheets in a separate file(s).
- Landscape orientation – All drawings must uniformly use landscape orientation. Maintain a uniform page position and insertion point for all files in all submittals.
- 6×6-inch stamp space on Cover Sheet – Provide a 6 x 6-inch clear space on the cover sheet for jurisdiction approval stamps.
- 3×3-inch stamp space on each drawing sheet – Provide a 3” x 3” clear space for jurisdiction approval stamp on the lower right quadrant in the same location of the title block. 6. Scale, legibility and legends – Plans shall be to scale, fully dimensioned, and legible: Text prints at minimum 10pt font size
- Indexed Pages – Index/bookmark and label the pages within the PDF.
Any San Jose online building applications that do not meet these guidelines will not be reviewed, causing delays that will cost you time and money on your project.
The Benefits of Online Building Permits in San Jose
There are several benefits to using Permits SJ for receiving an electronic building permit in San Jose, including:
- Saving $40 compared to Over-the-Counter Service
- Saving time, download a permit from home or office
- The permit fee includes one inspection
- Easy-to-schedule inspections online
Who Can Prepare and Submit Online Building Plans in San Jose?
If the project involves framing other than conventional framing, plans must be drawn by a licensed design professional. Otherwise, anyone can prepare residential plans, but they must be accurate to get a permit.
Scheduling an Inspection Online in San Jose
The SJ Permit online portal also allows contractors and residents to schedule an inspection online. This gives a direct link to the inspectors, so they can come to the site in a timely manner, helping the project get underway.
Fast, Efficient Building Permits in San Jose
If you are a contractor or resident that wants to receive your permit quickly, Service First Permits is here to assist you.
Our experience with ePermits in San Jose, including all the requirements for uploading documents, ensures that you will receive an easy approval as soon as possible.
Contact us today for your complimentary San Jose Building Permit consultation.