Submit Building Permits Electronically In Seattle With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Seattle to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
The Online Building Permit Process in Seattle
The Seattle Services Portal now must be used for residents and contractors in the city to obtain an online building permit for a wide range of commercial and residential projects.
Differing from traditional building permit procedures, there is a unique set of guidelines that must be followed in order to receive your ePermit as quickly as possible.
The Steps to Receive an Online Building Permit in Seattle
There is a 5-step process to submitting and receiving your Seattle building permit electronically, which includes:
- Research your property information, zoning, and permit history to determine the application types and requirements. This also includes reviewing the Director’s Rules, and Checklists and Standards and fee estimates based on your needs.
- Submitting a Building & Land Use Pre-application to start the construction and land-use permit processes for either residential or commercial.
- A Pre-Application Site Visit for new constructions, grading applications, most environmentally critical areas , and other projects having ground disturbance greater than 750 square feet in non-environmentally critical areas.
- Building Plan Submission which includes submitting detailed construction drawings, forms, reports, and other documents for the Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections to screen for completeness prior to intake, all in PDF form.
- Payment of fees online in order to receive your Seattle building permit electronically.
Plan Set Requirements for Seattle Building Permits Online
In order for the Seattle Services Portal to accept and review your submission, you must adhere to several formatting rules.
Should you require any assistance with the formats and submission, you can contact the ePermit experts at Service First Permits for your free consultation.
- File Format: PDF
- Maximum File Size: 500 MB
- Format: Vector preferred
- Resolution: 300 ppi
- Grouping: Multiple sheets within a single PDF document
- Minimum Sheet Size (for plan sets): 11” x 17”
- Minimum Font Size: 10 pt
- Color: Black on white preferred .
What Happens If Your Online Building Plans Submission Are Denied?
If you fail to submit the online building plans in the correct format, then your application will not be reviewed by the Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections.
This will result in delays in the project, which can take up to another three weeks for review and approval.
How Can I Ensure My Online Building Permit Submission is Correct?
Before you submit your online building permit in Seattle, you should contact Service First Permits for your consultation.
As the leading ePermit service in Seattle, we understand the process and can have your electronic building permit approved as quickly and easily as possible.
Get started with your free electronic permit consultation now!