Submit Building Permits Electronically In Shelby County With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Shelby County to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
SHELBY COUNTY BUILDING PERMITS
Receiving an Online Building Permit in Shelby County
Shelby County has developed an Accela Citizens Access portal as a means for accepting and approving online building permits. Contractors and residents may be able to create a full profile, register your license information, add delegates that need to do business on your behalf, track permit status, request inspections, and much more.
Using the Citizens Access for a Shelby County Building Permit
There are a number of steps that you must take in order to create an account for an electronic building permit submission and approval:
- Register for an ACA account through the online portal
- Create an online building permit application based on your specific needs
- Enter the information for the licensed contractor that will be completing the work
- Add the information about the project including the location, details and payment info
- Submit an electronic copy of your building plans and drawings in PDF form according to the guidelines
- Allow for the permit application to be reviewed by a Permit Technician.
- If any changes are necessary, you will receive a notification. Then, you must upload the new documents or information through the portal.
- Receive your electronic building permit from Shelby County, print it out and post it in a visible spot on your job site
Who Can Apply for an Electronic Building Permit in Memphis?
Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure; erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert, or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system; or cause any such work to be done shall first hire or cause to hire a licensed and registered contractor.
A permit shall be required to erect, install, alter, or repair any building appurtenances, new structures, and conveyor systems, racking systems and processing piping systems.
Contractors Submitting an ePermit Application in Shelby County
Any contractor applying for a building permit in Memphis must first submit an application to the building official and obtain the required permit for the work. Building permits may be issued to the property and building owners when so allowed by the Memphis and Shelby County technical codes boards and State of Tennessee Contractors’ License laws.
Work with a Permit Pulling Service in Shelby County
Submitting an online building permit application in Memphis and the surrounding area that is incomplete or inaccurate can result in delays in the permit approval. This can hold back your project, while also costing you money if you need a re-inspection of the property.
Service First Permits has helped thousands of residents and contractors nationwide to create and submit everything needed for quick, easy permit approvals.
To get started on your project right away, contact our Memphis Electronic Building Permit Specialists.