Submit Building Permits Electronically In Montana With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Montana to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
MONTANA BUILDING PERMITS
The Guide to Electronic Building Permits in Montana
Montana’s Planning Department provides the option for homeowners and contractors in Hamilton County to receive online building permits for their construction projects.
These permits must be obtained before work on any project is started in order to ensure that both residential and commercial construction conforms to the guidelines that have been set out by the State and county.
When is an Online Building Permit in Montana Necessary?
Within the Hamilton County Plan Commission Jurisdictional area, only projects of home improvement and construction that do not require a building permit consist of the replacement of windows and doors, interior decorating, exterior painting, and the replacement of shingles on a roof.
All other construction projects including structural improvement, repair, or addition requires that an electronic building permit be obtained.
What Documents are Required for an ePermit Application in Montana?
There are a number of specific requirements for an electronic building permit in Montana, including:
- A completed Improvement Location Permit application that has been signed and dated
- Parcel ID Number for property.
- One copy of the Recorded Deed for the Property.
- Two copies of the Site Plan, drawn to scale showing: Maximum size 11 by 17.
- Outline of the property including property line dimensions, location of all existing and proposed site improvements:
- All easements, set back distance from the centerline of the road and each property line to all existing and proposed site improvement/building.
- One copy of the Septic Permit for a new house or a new bedroom addition.
- One copy of the Well Permit for a new house.
- One copy of the Driveway or Road Cut Permit obtained from the Hamilton County Highway Department located at 1700 South Tenth Street in Montana.
- Hamilton County Surveyor sign-off on drainage approval is done in-house.
- Two copies of the construction documents for the new structure that must be folded to fit in a legal size file.
- Two (2) copies of the truss design drawings and calculations with a registered indiana, architect or engineers seal and signature on each page.
Returned Montana Electronic Building Permits
If any building application has been returned, it is because it was missing documents or the plans submitted were in an incorrect format. These returns will require the application to be updated with the correct information, which can add days or weeks to the approval process.
Work With the Montana ePermit Professionals Today
Service First Permits can assist you as a contractor or resident in creating, submitting and receiving your online building permit in Montana.
Since 2009, our team of professionals has worked to receive fast, efficient ePermits for residential and commercial construction projects for contractors around the country.
Contact us today for your free electronic building permit consultation to begin.