Submit Building Permits Electronically In New Orleans With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in New Orleans to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
NEW ORLEANS BUILDING PERMITS
New Orlean’s eServices portal provides online building permits, plan review and inspections which are available completely electronically for residents and contractors looking to begin any construction project.
Below is all the information that you need to know about ePermits in New Orleans, so that you can begin residential and commercial projects as soon as possible.
When is an Online Building Permit Required in New Orleans?
An Online Building Permit in New Orleans is required for an owner or contractor of a property to construct any new building or structure.
The New Orleans Building Code states, in part, “any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect or construct a sign of any description, or to install or alter fire extinguishing apparatus, elevators, engines, or to install a steam boiler, furnace, heater, incinerator or other heat producing apparatus or other apparatuses, the installation of which is required by this code, or to cause any such work to be done shall first make application… and obtain the required permit for the work.”
The Electronic Building Permit Submission Process in New Orleans
Prior to starting construction you will be required to submit plans that are stamped by a licensed architect or engineer.
After submitting your plans electronically via PDF, they go through the plan review process, which involves reviews to verify compliance with the City’s amendments to the International Building Code and the City’s zoning ordinance.
Depending on the specifics of your project, this review may also include or require approvals from other agencies. A building permit will only be issued after the plan review process is completed and compliance with all applicable regulations is verified by all agencies.
What Information Do I Need to Get a New Orleans Building Permit?
The following information is necessary to process a Building Permit application:
- Municipal address of the property
- Market value of work to be done (even if you’re doing the work yourself) • Owner’s name, address and telephone number
- Architect / Contractor name, address and telephone number (where applicable)
- Recorded Act of Sale, if the property has recently changed ownership • Detailed description of work to be performed
- Plot plan reflecting all dimensions of the lot and all structures, setbacks to property lines and the location and dimensions of off-street parking spaces.
- Complete plans, stamped with live seals from a Louisiana licensed Architect or Civil Engineer, are required for all new construction, additions, and structural renovations.
- Previous/current and proposed use of the structure
- Certificate of Appropriateness, if the property is within a local historic district or a designated landmark
- Copy of a current Certificate of Registration for your contractor as well as the company name and license number.
- Check or money order payable to the City of New Orleans.
What Happens if My Online Building Permit Application is Returned?
If you fail to submit all the necessary paperwork and documentation for the submission, or have ePlans and drawings in the wrong electronic format, your New Orleans ePermit will be returned.
This will cause delays in the approval process as you have to re-submit the application, so it is better to complete the submission correctly on your first try.
Ensure You Receive an Approval on Your First Building Permit Submission
At Service First Permits, our team understands how to properly organize the information and prepare it for submission following the strict guidelines that the City of New Orleans have set out.
Receive Your Complimentary ePermit Consultation Today for Fast, Easy Approval!