Submit Building Permits Electronically In Virginia With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Virginia to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
VIRGINIA BUILDING PERMITS
Virginia Online Building Permits
The Building Permit Inquiry System now must be used for residents and contractors in the State to obtain an online building permit in Virginia for a wide range of commercial and residential projects.
Differing from traditional building permit procedures, there is a unique set of guidelines that must be followed in order to receive an ePermit that will allow you to begin work on your construction project.
When is an Online Building Permit in Virginia Necessary?
The Scott County Planning and Development Board requires an electronic building permit for the following projects:
Building or installing:
- Decks or a patio cover
- Fireplaces and chimneys
- Garages or pole buildings
- Ventilation, heating or air conditioning supply or exhaust
- Swimming pool 24″ or greater in depth (above or in ground)
- Tool or storage sheds over 120 square feet
- Fences 6 feet and over in height
Adding or changing:
- Dormers, bay windows or other wall openings
- Water heaters or any other parts of the plumbing system
- Furnaces, or any other parts of the heating and gas system
- Circuits, the electrical box or any other parts of the electrical system
- Aluminum, steel siding, wood and vinyl siding
- Load bearing walls to a porch, or within home
- Garage to a livable area
- Retaining walls over 4 feet in height
What Documents are Required to Submit an ePermit Application in Virginia?
There are a unique set of guidelines for the online building permit process in Scott County, which include:
- Plot Plan that shows the lot boundaries, proposed location of the house, proposed distance from the house to property lines, and location of existing easements, roads, and structures.
- Legal description, such as the lot number and name of subdivision; quarter section, section and township name; or house number and street address if one has already been issued.
- Owners and builder’s names, mailing addresses, and phone numbers.
- Two sets of PDF building plans which include floor plans, a side-wall cross section, size and spacing of structural members and foundation and footing plans.
- Engineered plans which include the engineer’s seal and signature and a statement that the plans comply with the International Construction Codes.
- All plans for a house or substantial improvement must be submitted with an RES check from the Iowa State Department of Energy.
- State electrical license for electrical contractors.
How Long Do Virginia Electronic Building Permits Take?
The length of the review and approval of a Virginia building permit all depends on the type of project. However, in most cases they will be reviewed between 7 and 14 days.
If you want to receive the fastest online building permits approval in Virginia then Service First Permits is here to assist you.
Contact our specialists now to discover how our expertise and knowledge in ePermitting will get you the right permit for your project in a timely manner.