Submit Building Permits Electronically In Delaware a With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in Delaware
to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
DELAWARE BUILDING PERMITS
Electronic Building Permits in Delaware
The State of Delaware Building Safety Division has developed a 100% electronic building plan submittal and permit issuance system called ePlan.
Using ePlan for a Delaware Online Building Permit
The ePlan online permitting portal is a secure online plan review system that allows the county to perform their reviews directly on the electronic submissions and review them simultaneously. Also part of the new process is the online application system, eApply, which will initiate the online experience for permit seekers.
Residents and contractors in South Delaware can create, submit and receive their online building permits directly through the system.
Which Construction Projects Need a Delaware ePermit?
All of the traditional construction permits in Delaware that are offered can be applied for and received through the online permit portal, including:
- New Residential and commercial builds
- Renovations including structural changes
- Plumbing and electrical work
- Pools, patios, fences and sheds
Electronic Building Permit Submittal in Delaware
The ePlan System uses a four-step plan for contractors to receive a construction plan, which is:
- Complete the online building application, including all information in the Structure/Valuation Information and electronic signature fields.
- Email your completed Application through the ePlans system
- Your application will be verified for completeness; if complete and a plan review is required you will receive an automated notice and invitation to ePlans. If incomplete or no plan review is required, you will receive an email response from a Permit Technician.
- Upload your plans following the instructions available on the ePlans invitation that will be sent to you. Documents can be dwg, dwf, pdf, tiff, etc. file types, as ePlans recognizes a vast range of extensions.
What Happens if an ePlans Application is Not Received?
If your Delaware ePlan submission was not received, you will receive an email notification that corrections are needed. Most projects will include a PreScreen checklist completed during the Department’s review.
In most cases, there will be a delay in your review if the documents that you submitted were not in the proper readable PDF format, adding valuable time to the approval process.
Delaware ePermit Application Specialists
At Service First Permits, we fully understand the rules and regulations that are required for a successful application. Our knowledge of Delaware’s ePlan system ensures that you receive your construction permit as quickly as possible, so that you can begin your project according to schedule.
Contact our electronic permit specialists in Delaware now for your free consultation.