Submit Building Permits Electronically In North Carolina With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in North Carolina to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
NORTH CAROLINA BUILDING PERMITS
What You Need to Know About Electronic Building Permits in North Carolina
The Public Works Department of North Carolina uses an E-Permitting portal that allows contractors, homeowners and permit expediters in North Carolina to:
- Search and view permits and applications.
- View escrow account balances.
- Deposit funds into an escrow account.
- License Holder permits are displayed by default when logged in.
- View plan review status.
- View inspection status.
- Apply for qualifying Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing permits.
- Pay for permits with a credit card.
However, unlike traditional building permits in North Carolina, the ePermits have a distinct process and documentation requirements that must be followed for an approval.
When Are Online Building Permits in North Carolina Required?
An online building permit application in North Carolina is necessary for any architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing projects, depending on scope of work and complexity of the project.
These are for both residential and commercial projects, with each having their own unique set of electronic plan requirements based on the outlines provided by the Public Works Department.
Who Can Submit an Electronic Building Permit Application in St Louis ?
Any homeowner, architect or a licensed contractor can apply to the State of North Carolina for an ePermit by providing enough information to describe the project fully and clearly.
Construction drawings are necessary on most construction projects and especially for commercial projects, these must be prepared by an architect. For a home improvement project, the homeowner may prepare the drawings, provided that the drawings are accurate, legible and complete.
Using the Citizens Access for a North Carolina Building Permit
There are a number of steps that you must take in order to create an account for an electronic building permit submission and approval:
- Register for an ACA account through the online portal
- Create an online building permit application based on your specific needs
- Enter the information for the licensed contractor that will be completing the work
- Add the information about the project including the location, details and payment info
- Submit an electronic copy of your building plans and drawings in PDF form according to the guidelines
- Allow for the permit application to be reviewed by a Permit Technician.
- If any changes are necessary, you will receive a notification. Then, you must upload the new documents or information through the portal.
- Receive your electronic building permit from Shelby County, print it out and post it in a visible spot on your job site
Your Online Building Permit Experts
If you are a contractor or resident that needs help organizing, submitting and receiving your ePermit in North Carolina, then Service First Permits are here to help.
We will identify the proper online building permit application for your needs, submit electronic building plans in the correct format, schedule your video inspection and receive an approval as quickly as possible.
To start your online building permit application in North Carolina, please contact us now.