Submit Building Permits Electronically In Covington With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Covington to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
COVINGTON BUILDING PERMIT
Due to the spread of the COVID-19, the City of Covington is now only accepting building permit application submissions electronically through the portal called Citizens Connect.
Using Citizen Connect for an Online Building Permit in Covington
Citizen Connect offers both residents and contractors the ability to do a number of things related to the ePermit process in Covington, including:
- Apply for an ePermit for building, mechanical, or plumbing permits.
- Look up a permit to complete a prior application
- Make a payment towards your online building permit
- Upload a document for a plan review or to complete the approval process
- Schedule an inspection with a city inspector
Electronic Building Plan Requirements in Covington
In order to receive an approval for your online building permit in Covington, you must follow the strict guidelines set forth by the building commission. They include:
- All digital document files shall be MS-Windows compatible.
- All digital documents shall be in Portable Document Format (PDF) and compatible with Adobe Acrobat Version 9.0 or earlier.
- Security settings shall allow reviewers to markup digital documents, create notes, and to insert/remove sheets. All plan sheets are required to be searchable and unlocked for access by plan review staff.
- All digital documents submitted to the City are subject to public disclosure laws.
- All sheets shall be oriented so the top of the page is always at the top of the computer monitor, and set to landscape.
- All Plans must be saved in a single sheet format.
- Building Plan sets should be diagrammed to show all dimensions. This shall include, but not be limited to, framing plans.
- All text shall be easily readable when set to print. Clarity must be equivalent or better than Arial, Gill Sans or Tahoma with a font size of 10pt.
- All drawings must be plotted in a black and white format. Grayscale, monochrome, and colored pens are not acceptable.
- Plans created using CAD software are required to be saved as flat one layer files so that the maximum size is 1.5 mb per page.
- The cover sheet is required to have a 6” x 6” blank area at the lower right corner of the page and all pages are required to have a 2” x 2” blank area on each page in the same location on the page.
- Individual file upload size in Citizens Connect is 200 mb. Large plan sets may need to break out structural, civil, etc.
Incomplete or Incorrect Online Permit Submissions
Upon electronic submittal, the City of Covington staff will verify all required permit information has been submitted in the proper format. If you submit an incomplete application, the city will advise you and there will be a delay in the approval process.
In order to ensure that your ePermit Application in Covington is in the correct format to avoid delays, contact Service First Permits now.
We have helped thousands of contractors and residents receive fast, stress-free online building permits through our expertise in the ePermit industry.