Submit Building Permits Electronically In San Diego With Service First Permits
Are you looking for Permit Management Services in San Diego to fit your unique project? Complete the Client Authentication Form below and our team will reach out to you to customize a solution for you.
SFP has experience with the intricacies of various jurisdictions and the programs utilized for electronic submittals and permit tracking, including but not limited to:
Other cities in Californiacities we are currently submitting electronically to.
SAN DIEGO BUILDING PERMITS
Everything You Need to Know About Electronic Building Permits in San Diego
As of May 4, 2020 the City of San Diego made it mandatory to submit all new building permit applications electronically through Open DSD, their online permitting portal.
Construction changes to projects that were issued prior to May 4, 2020, may also be submitted electronically, allowing for residents and contractors to receive an expedited permit.
Who Needs Electronic Building Permits in San Diego?
An ePermit in San Diego is required for projects such as new construction, additions, remodeling or repairs to electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
The rules for online building permits require submission for:
Rules 1. All NEW projects, corrections and construction changes need to be submitted electronically.
- All project types qualify for electronic document submittal (Building, Discretionary, Engineering, Mapping, Construction Change, etc.)
Electronic Plan Submittal in San Diego
OpenDSD has a unique set of requirements for contractors and residents in San Diego that must be followed for the applications to be processed and reviewed.
The Online Plan Submission Requires Are:
- PDF format only.
- Plans must have the PTS # printed on them for final version.
- Plans must be landscape oriented and must be all on same sized sheets.
- Files shall be limited to 100MB. When uploading documents, if there are multiple files that make up your design documents, you must select consecutive volumes for each file being submitted (e.g. Building/Construction Plans, Building/Construction Plan Vol. 2, etc.) Each document type can only be used once per submittal or you will overwrite the previously uploaded document.
- Flatten all drawing layers in your CAD program before creating the PDF. Pages must be straight, clear with no streaks; sheets must be contrasting with background and not too light or dark.
- Do not submit ‘password protected’ or ‘locked’ documents. The Security Method must be set to “No Security”. No security certificates can be in place.
- Failure to submit correctly will result in the submittal being returned, which will delay review.
Do You Need an OpenDSD Account to Submit a Project?
In order to electronically submit a building permit application in San Diego, you must first create an OpenDSD account. This provides you with access to the portal, so that you may upload your application and the building plans as needed.
What is the Timeframe for Review of Electronic Building Plans in San Diego?
Once the electronic plans have been submitted for review through OpenDSD, you will be notified of the review between 10 to 25 days. However, if the electronic plans that you submit do not meet the guidelines, then it will result in delays of the review.
In order to ensure a timely, hassle-free approval of your electronic building permit in San Diego, contact the specialists at Service First Permits now.
Our expertise in electronic plan submittal in San Diego, combined with our overall permit expediting experience, is exactly what you need!